Canvas connects instructors and students and is used to monitor grades, manage active enrollments and assignment submissions, share course documents, facilitate message correspondence between students and instructors and contain course and institutional syllabus information for all to access.
|Objectives||Allow institutions to manage digital learning, educators to create and present online learning materials and assess student learning, and students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement|
- Computer Specifications:
· Screen Size
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook.
· Operating Systems
- Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - chromeOS
· Mobile OS Native App Support
- iOS 5 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer versions
· Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
· Internet Speed
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512k
|License / Cost
|Link to Tool||
John, R. (2021). Canvas LMS course design. Packt Publishing Ltd.
Fernández, A. R., González, F. S., Merino, P. J. M., & Kloos, C. D. (2017). A Data Collection Experience with Canvas LMS as a Learning Platform. In LASI-SPAIN (pp. 109-123).