Bio-Biz: Business Models for Sustainable Use of Biodiversity - Online Course
SEPT has created this self-paced online course on Atingi: Bio-Biz: Business models for Sustainable use of Biodiversity (ENG). You just need to register on atingi.org and then enrol yourself into the course.
In this course you'll learn how to develop sustainable business models.
Context: In the light of the rapid loss of biodiversity and the quest for sustainable business solutions to custoer needs anywhere in the world, linking entrepreneurial training to knowledge about biodiversity resources is vital. It is the aim of this course to provide this link for entrepreneurs.
- Students will understand what a business model is and they will be able to relate it to innovation, biodiversity and sustainability.
- Students will learn how to analyse customer segments and their needs.
- They will be enabled to design business models that satisfy those needs in a sustainable way.
- Students will analyse existing business models and understand how to analyse their sustainability.
- Students will explore the policy framework on the Nagoya protocol and the intention of the access and benefit sharing (ABS) mechanism.
The course is equivalent to 5 ECTS and includes a certificate for successful completion.